Let’s Get Started
What’s involved in a pet photography session?
Let me walk you through the process – from the shoot to the final products and address some of the questions you might ask yourself before booking.
All bookings receive a detailed welcome document and location guide which outlines the process of working with me as your photographer and helps you with ideas and inspiration.
Think your dog can’t be photographed?…
Well think again
Firstly let’s address the most common misperception…that my dog isn’t well behaved enough…their too naughty, un-trained and un-responsive.
Well I’ve worked with all different kinds of dogs with different behavioral traits, and while I’m not a dog trainer, I simply read and work to your dog’s comfort level.
Not all dogs are natural posers! And that’s OK. In fact sometimes the best shots can be of your dog simply enjoying themselves and this is also reflective of their personality.
Training is always a bonus but not necessary to get great shots. After all dog’s aren’t models.
Before and After
Not every dog is perfectly trained and knows how to sit, stay and pull off that perfect inquisitive head tilt, but this is why you hire a professional right…
Safety is always my utmost concern during a session, so if your dog is not dog friendly or can’t be trusted to come back when called, don’t fret, this doesn’t mean they can’t be photographed! It simply means we keep them on the lead and this is removed later in my post processing.
Digital images will always need some adjusting and tweaking. Every image you receive is re-worked whether this means minor colour and exposure adjustments, to lead removal and more extensive photoshop manipulation.
These examples of before and after images show the images straight out of the camera and finished once all adjustments have been made.
Sessions To Suit
Choose a session which suits your dogs personality and the type of images you want to capture.
Are they delightful or divine, cheeky or cheerful, precious or playful?
Choose Your Session
- Ive created 2 session options to cater to 2 slightly different photography and personality styles: – Delightful Adventure or Divine Styled.
- Divine Styled sessions focus on capturing modern stylish portraits for the prim and proper but these are still fun and natural of course.
- Delightful Adventures are for those more adventurous types who like to explore, run, play and swim.
- Simply choose the one which best suits you and your dog.
- All sessions are shot outdoors – no artificial staging in a stark studio setting.
- Every session is different and is catered to your dogs unique personality.
- All photographed in natural late afternoon light – trust me it’s the most flattering!
Let’s Get Out
I will work with you to determine the most suitable location for your session.
All bookings get sent a location guide specific to the type of session you book with lots of options and ideas for you to choose from.
We choose your locations based on:
- Your dogs behaviour and personality.
- The look and feel you want to achieve in your photos
- Where you and you dog love to spend an afternoon outdoors and feel most comfortable.
- Locations are suggested based on having certain photographic qualities to enhance your photos.
- Locations are all dog friendly, some off lead, some on lead locations.
- Locations can include parks, beaches, forests, streets, city, rivers, etc.
- Typically sessions are covered for up to 1 hr travel time
Being so passionate about pet photography, it makes me very proud to be an Associate AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer
and finalist for the AIPP Victorian Pet/Animal Photographer of the year! 2 years running for 2016 and 2017.
That’s a huge deal for me and I’m striving to one day win the title.
Check out my awarded images.
Having selected your options and booked a date, we go out and create beautiful moments and memories together.
What everyone always tells me that they take away from this experience (your dog included) and what I feel is most important is having FUN in a relaxed and casual atmosphere.
What to expect from your photography session
- Make sure both you and your dog are looking your best.
- Dog’s don’t HAVE to be trained. It’s not always necessary to be able to get great photographs of them.
- Sometimes for safety reasons, your dog can remain on lead
Check out some of my before and after photos above
- If your dog is super high energy, it’s often a good idea to get some of that energy out prior to the session.
- I ask that you bring along any of your dog’s favourite treats and toys that you would normally use with them and know they respond well to.
- I will work according to your dogs energy level and personality, never forcing your dog to do anything it’s not comfortable with.
- I do ask for your support and co-operation to assist me with commanding your dog, gaining their attention and keeping them focused.
See Your Images
Come to life
You will get to relive the fun from your session when you see your photos.
Chill out with a coffee and most likely Peanut on your lap, in a relaxed no-salesy viewing session.
Choose your favourites to have made into beautiful products and design your wall art.
Bespoke Product Options
- Approximately 2 weeks after your session we book your viewing and ordering appointment.
- Your in-person viewing and ordering appointment takes place at my studio in Moonee Ponds.
- No capped limit to the number of images shown
- A range of different product options are available for varying budgets.
- All products are on display for you to see, touch and drool over
- Payment plans available
Whats Been Said About
Working with erin
The best way to get an idea of what a session experience is all about is to check out what others have said about their experience.
“I’ve always wanted to do a photo shoot with my boy Ronny but never knew where to start, so I thought Erin’s rescue book was a great opportunity. Erin was so fantastic throughout the whole experience, she took as long as we needed for the shoot to make sure we got the best photos. She was so patient and friendly with Ronny, you could tell by her interactions with him that she is a massive animal lover. She made sure we got not only great photos but that we got what was important to us. Her experience and knowledge shows in her photos and because of all this we have asked Erin to photograph our Wedding!”Danika, James & Ronny
“I wanted to create some treasured memories of my one and only fur baby! And I had no idea where to start or what I actually wanted. Erin came highly recommended via a Facebook group, and I am over the moon that we decided to go with Erin! She was so great in sharing ideas and examples of previous work! I loved the urban/city shoots she had done and I knew that was the way to go! Our photos are so unique and nothing we could re-create at home if we tried! Our prints are amazing quality and I cant wait to show them off! We are so in love with them!”Alex & Frenchie River
Head back to the booking page to book your session.