Another year over already, I just can’t believe how fast the time goes!
So before I get stuck into another year, I wanted to post a wrap up of the year that was 2015 and share my personal favourite pet photography images shot throughout the year (although this is a hard task as there are SO many) along with some of the years highlights for me.
- Being filmed and making my promotional video.
- My first year being able to enter in the newly introduced Pet/Animal category in AIPP/APPA awards and winning a Silver award in both the State and National awards.
- Quitting my part-time job to concentrate solely on my photography business.
- I started running my pop-up pet portraits at various events, which have proven popular.
- Getting a presence on Instagram (my favourite of the social media platforms) and taking heaps more photos of my girl, Peanut, to share with my audience.
- Making friends with so many of my great clients and getting to meet their beautiful dogs – and as a result many more playmates and playdates for Peanut.
- Getting to photograph some native Australian wildlife.
- Meeting and making new friends with other amazingly talented photographers who I have the utmost respect for.
- Developing some important relationships with other business people and pet businesses, which I really value, in the pet industry.
The only major thing missing from this year for me was travel, well there was a short trip home to NZ, but I don’t really count that, so I must plan another overseas trip in 2016. It gets harder each year now though as I absolutely hate leaving our girl, Peanut behind.
2016 brings many more pet photography client sessions, a few weddings, more award entries, hopefully a personal project and much much more. It’s going to be a very busy start to the year, but I’m definitely looking forward to it.